Hello!

I love to dye fabric, make thread pictures and quilt. I live in the Yukon on an acreage with my husband, 2 dogs and 34 fish. It's the 'good' life.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Haul!

So I am home and DH is home from the long road trip. It took me hours to unpack. I was watching "Hoarders" on TV and when I looked at my room and the one on the TV, there were marked similarities. I had a chuckle over that!

I know my trailer park is showing, but most of my purchases are from the dollar stores. I LOVE those places! I LOVE to find junk super cheap. My DH says that I can find more sh*t in an hour than most people can find in a year—he must mean men cause the woman I know could do some major damage as well... Since I only get 'outside' twice a year, I buy tons and tons of stuff. This is just the fabric! And I only had 45 minutes to shop!

DSC00749

One of my purchases this time was some white cotton from Fabric Land. It was on 1/2 price, so only 4 bucks a yard. I didn't think it felt all that great, but hey, it was a good price. I bought the rest of one bolt (13 yards) and decided to leave the rest just because I didn’t think it was all that and decided if it was crap, I could use it for student projects. But wouldn't you know it--it is the BEST fabric I have ever used for painting.

DSC00756

This looks WAY better in person. I really need a better camera cause this piece is beautiful! Hello? Anyone listening? 

Now I have buyers envy—if ONLY I had bought 4 bolts of this stuff, I would be in fabric heaven for the year… Oh well, I ordered 4 bolts from Dharma and the cost is just about the same with shipping and money exchange. I love fabric. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm no wonder you have to have a goal to purge your stash again this year. What are all those pieces for? Or did you just like them? I'm glad to hear you still want to go to Skagway for the sale in February. I'm in for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me, I just bought cause I could. :-)

    And Feb fabric sale is a definate go. Maybe we can go of Friday and get in on the first day of the sale...
    Dahn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You suck! LOL
    Love your website sis. It's awesome, even for a sporty VERY non-crafty person.

    ReplyDelete