Hello!

I love to dye fabric, make thread pictures and quilt. I live in the Yukon on an acreage with my husband, 2 dogs and 34 fish. It's the 'good' life.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mixed Media 3

Dessert Pincushions

I love this Japanese book that shows gorgeous desserts made from felt roving. I don’t have the book here and I don’t recall the name offhand. But I attempted this for a class and we made much better pincushions in class.

clip_image002

 

Contemporary Bag

 

I love Ton Schulten’s  work A LOT. And I love Ineke Berlyn’s work so much that I was ecstatic to receive her book Landscapes in Contemporary Quilts. I have made a few pieces from her book and used her pattern to make a gigantic handbag that I use to carry all my big rulers and stuff to classes. I love it a lot…

 

clip_image004

Texture Class

I took a class early last year from Fibre and Stitch and it blew me away. Here is my beginning piece:

clip_image006

 

And here is how looks to date. I don’t know if I am done or not:

clip_image008

No, I won’t tell how to do this. You need to take the class and support your online artists. J

 

That's IT for now.  Hope you enjoyed these last few posts..

No comments:

Post a Comment