Hello!

I love to dye fabric, make thread pictures and quilt. I live in the Yukon on an acreage with my husband, 2 dogs and 34 fish. It's the 'good' life.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Doggie Quilt

Until last year, my buddy at work in the IT department was unmarried, childless, he loved to play role games and collect Star Wars memorabilia. His grasp of physics is phenomenal and his favorite work activity is statistics. He always reminded me of the 40 year old virgin, except he is so much cooler.. Anyway, last year he and his girlfriend moved in together and I know they are very happy together.

Recently they got their first fur'baby'--a hound dog. She is named Boomer (from Battlestar Galactica) and she is an absolute cutie. Since they will never have children, I decided to make Boomer her own quilt.

It is just strips of fabric done in a QAYG way. I added a few doggie bones and the backing is flannel. A simple grid pattern was the quilting. It is definitely not a pretty quilt, but I figured out how to do QAYG from this.


They say they are getting a house next year and then will get more more fur babies. I am ready!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment